To make our community a better place by proactively investing into the lives at-risk children. Together, we make a positive impact by giving them opportunities to become Godly, responsible and community-minded citizens with a bright future.
Listen to our song!
Spread the love of God through your life but only use words when necessary. -Mother Teresa
To nurture and restore hope to at-risk children by providing educational, emotional, physical and spiritual support to help them reach their potential and find their purpose in life as one community locks arms and works together.
The obstacles many at-risk children face today are enormous. Negative influences, peer pressure, learning difficulties, poor academic achievement, dysfunction and/or broken homes as well as poverty can exert unhealthy strains on children’s’ overall development. Moreover and unfortunately, these children lack the support they need to succeed in their complex and broken world.
- Many students are NOT succeeding in school.
- Family structures are often frayed due to hectic schedules or poor parenting skills.
- Few adults are available to provide consistent, positive role models.
- Many children do not have time for or monetary access to recreational outlets due to financial hardship.
- Children have difficulty developing social and life skills without life coaches or mentors.
Many of these children are being raised in unfavorable circumstances and have decreased horizons of success. When their challenges are left unmet, the result can be anti-social behavior, delinquency and school failure with a long-lasting negative impact on our students which leads to non-productive adult members in our community.
Students enrolled in our program are provided with tools, skills and year-round support to help them overcome the many challenges they face at home, school and life. However, emphasis will not be on the program of the mission, but the person of the mission – our children. In order to help them succeed, we will surround them with a solid network of loving, caring mentors who are willing to make investments into the lives of the children and often times, their families. Because family and community are essential to a child’s development, community partners and friends will work together to become a positive force in the lives of the children.
Major aspects or areas of support at MHFK:
- Academics (literacy), homework and reading
- Spiritual and moral development
- Emotional: Mentors and life coaching
- Physical: Food and clothing (Gracie’s Boutique)
- Family Support (Adult ESL and Lunch & Learn classes, Christmas and Back to School benefits)